By Donna M. Stringer
Eventually, a complete handbook of actions dedicated to values exploration. The authors have written and tailored sound, ready-to-use actions for settings the place the exploration of worth adjustments will be helpful: the office, the school room, human assets courses, ESL sessions, company range education and others.
Read or Download 52 Activities for Exploring Value Differences PDF
Best customs & traditions books
Moroccan tradition at the present time is a mix of Berber, African, Arab, Jewish, and ecu affects in an Islamic country. Morocco's strategic place on the tip of North Africa slightly below Spain has introduced those cultures jointly during the centuries. The parallels with African and heart jap nations and different Muslim cultures are drawn because the significant issues are mentioned, but the individuality of Moroccan traditions, really these of the indigenous Berbers, stand out.
E-book through Gendlin, Frances
This publication examines the complicated courting among classification and gender dynamics between tea rite (chadō) practitioners in Japan. concentrating on practitioners in a provincial urban, Akita, the ebook surveys the inflexible, hierarchical chadō method at grass roots point. Making severe use of Bourdieu’s notion of cultural capital, it explores a few of the meanings of chadō for Akita ladies and argues that chadō has a cultural, financial, social and symbolic price and is used as a device to enhance gender and sophistication equality.
- Vernacular Bodies: The Politics of Reproduction in Early Modern England
- Bartered Brides: Politics, Gender and Marriage in an Afghan Tribal Society
- Through Chinese eyes
- Food, Health and Identity
- American Regional Cuisines: Food Culture and Cooking
- Consuming Habits: Global and Historical Perspectives on How Cultures Define Drugs
Additional resources for 52 Activities for Exploring Value Differences
3. Were there differences between the contrasting statements that generated strong feelings in you or in your partner? 4. What values of yours might have affected your decision making? 5. What did you learn from this activity? 6. How can you apply information from this experience to your personal and/or work life? 40 Chapter 12: Origins of Cultural Contrasts Chapter 12: Origins of Cultural Contrasts 41 Debriefing Conclusions 1. Understanding our own national cultural values can help us identify where our personal values agree with or differ from the national cultural norm.
When individuals from two or more countries work together, they may contribute different culturally based work values. The differences in values can offer additional resources. They may also result in misperceptions and conflict. 3. Understanding the differences in cultural values can help us avoid conflict and enable us to discuss conflicts when they occur. Chapter 20: Work Values Overview Adapted from an activity by Carol Wolf in Experiential Activities for Intercultural Learning, edited by H.
A. b. Age is to be respected. Young people understand the future. It is important to discuss conflicts directly, the sooner the better. It is best to deal with conflict in a way that does not cause discomfort or embarrassment. There is so much to be learned from the past. Following tradition gives us stability and a sense of direction. The world is moving at a faster and faster pace. Only those who can be flexible will be the leaders of tomorrow. The true sign of an adult is the ability to stand up for oneself and be truly independent.