By Mark Myers
The last word learn-by-doing technique. brief chapters are paired with loose interactive on-line workouts to coach the basics of HTML and CSS. Written for newcomers, precious for skilled builders who are looking to sharpen their abilities. Prepares the reader to code an internet site of medium complexity. The learner spends to 3 occasions as lengthy practising as he does analyzing. in line with cognitive study exhibiting that retention raises four hundred percentage whilst inexperienced persons are challenged to retrieve the data they only learn. causes are in simple, nontechnical English that individuals of all backgrounds can with no trouble comprehend. With plentiful coding examples and illustrations.
Read Online or Download A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS: Learn It Faster. Remember It Longer. PDF
Similar web development books
With nearly 1/2 the cellphone industry percentage, the iPhone is a concrete affirmation that it's worthy it to be a vanguardist in know-how. Designers that experience familiarity with the Apple iOS are one step forward in designing cellular interfaces. if you would like do become aware of traits and certain specifications that iPhone purposes ask for, this publication "Designing For iPhone" is a needs to.
Produce and keep cross-browser CSS records more straightforward than ever earlier than with the Sass CSS preprocessor and its spouse authoring framework, Compass
• easy, transparent, and thorough. This publication guarantees you don’t must be a programming mastermind to wield the ability of Sass and Compass!
• formerly difficult and time-consuming CSS projects becomes trivial. simply produce cross-browser CSS3 gradients, shadows, and ameliorations besides picture sprites, information URIs, and more.
• persist with besides fitting, constructing, and dealing via a complete venture, enforcing the Sass and Compass ideas and instruments as we go.
The CSS preprocessor, Sass, is turning into the de-facto regular for generating cross-browser CSS extra maintainable and with extra ease. It supercharges CSS with positive factors that make formerly tricky and time-consuming projects trivial. This booklet concentrates on distilling the thoughts in an easy demeanour making it obtainable to all, even to people who purely be aware of HTML and CSS.
Written by means of the writer of the bestselling "Responsive website design with HTML5 and CSS3", Sass and Compass for Designers will clarify every thing you want to get Sass and Compass put in, mastered, and making your existence more uncomplicated. there'll be no difficult terminology or baffling syntax left unexplained. We'll get you place up after which construct a website jointly, step-by-step, utilizing the impressive energy of Sass and Compass.
We will commence with a very unstyled HTML rfile and construct a responsive Sass and Compass powered web site step by means of step.
Sass and Compass make CSS effortless. You'll easy methods to control colour within the stylesheet with a unmarried command, create responsive grids very easily, instantly create picture sprites, and create CSS3 powered ideas that paintings throughout all glossy browsers.
"Sass and Compass for Designers" explains tips to produce nice CSS more uncomplicated than ever before.
What you are going to research from this publication
• set up Sass and Compass in your process after which organize and retain Sass and Compass powered projects!
• methods to simply control colours; tinting, shading, blending, and complementing current shades on your stylesheets turns into a cinch.
• Make your individual responsive CSS-based structure grid that scales throughout any viewport with out additional markup needed.
• Create media query-based CSS principles along present kinds, making responsive web site construction simpler.
• discover Compass’s many helpers and instruments. You’ll discover ways to embed photographs and fonts and convey complicated cross-browser CSS3.
• Create excellent photograph sprites with Compass in moments.
• the right way to create loops with Sass to automate repetitive CSS tasks.
• know how to compartmentalize code, making your CSS extra maintainable, comprehensible, and modular than ever before.
A step by step instructional advisor, taking you thru easy methods to construct a responsive Sass and Compass powered website.
Who this booklet is written for
If you realize HTML and CSS, this booklet is all you must take your code to the subsequent point with Sass and Compass. No earlier realizing of CSS preprocessors or programming conventions is needed.
Over forty recipes to make powerful use of Salesforce CRM with using hidden good points, complicated person interface strategies, and real-world solutions.
• enforce complex person interface innovations to enhance the appear and feel of Salesforce CRM;
• realize hidden good points and hacks that stretch usual configuration to supply stronger performance and customization;
• construct real-world method automation, utilizing the exact recipes to harness the total energy of Salesforce CRM;
• choked with screenshots and entire, step by step directions to assist carry sensible ideas for boosting and lengthening Salesforce CRM.
Salesforce CRM is a market-leading patron courting administration (CRM) program that's accessed over the web. it's a confirmed method which is helping to control huge volumes of data throughout a firm and likewise improves verbal exchange among departments for extraordinary client service.
The CRM software is on the market for the administration of revenues projections and orders, advertising plans, wisdom administration, carrier and aid, accomplice relationships, and information analytics. the appliance enormously complements a company's revenues functionality, improves purchaser pride, and gives a powerful shopper courting administration method for an organization.
For optimal functionality of the method, there are various issues for you because the Salesforce administrator to grasp and take on, yet there isn't a unmarried e-book which specializes in the executive point of Salesforce CRM.
Salesforce CRM Admin Cookbook helps you to immediately expand and unharness the facility of Salesforce CRM. It offers transparent, accomplished directions in addition to distinct screenshots and code. even if you're looking for suggestions to reinforce the center positive aspects or are trying to find rules for complicated customization suggestions, this booklet offers you instant, sensible, and fascinating real-world recipes.
This ebook presents functional, step by step directions that hide using hidden beneficial properties, complicated person interface strategies, strategies for method automation, and knowledge and platforms integration in detail.
This ebook publications you thru fascinating issues spanning various sensible parts. Recipes are only if conceal information caliber and automation, approval and workflow processing, ideas to extend productiveness, and the mixing of Salesforce CRM with exterior instruments and functions, equivalent to Google and Microsoft Outlook.
Salesforce CRM Admin Cookbook presents functional, step by step directions to convey superior performance and expand the ability of Salesforce CRM.
What you are going to research from this book
• construction domestic web page parts and growing customized hyperlinks to supply extra performance and increase the house Tab layout;
• complicated consumer interface options to enhance the appear and feel of Salesforce CRM with the presentation of graphical elements;
• Exposing hacks and hidden good points to augment and override local facets of Salesforce CRM;
• computerized information trap and enhancing info caliber in Salesforce CRM;
• enforcing an approval strategy to regulate the best way approvals are controlled for documents in Salesforce CRM;
• expanding productiveness utilizing instruments and lines to supply complicated administration;
• Configuring and fitting Salesforce for Microsoft Outlook electronic mail integration;
• Integrating Salesforce CRM with exterior on-line instruments to supply more suitable performance and expand the facility of Salesforce CRM.
- The Accessibility Handbook
- Just Enough Research
- Yii Application Development Cookbook (2nd edition)
- The Designer's Web Handbook: What You Need to Know to Create for the Web
Additional info for A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS: Learn It Faster. Remember It Longer.
Deciding which layout to use, based on naming conventions Creating a Layout for a Controller As you develop your application, different components will likely have different looks, and relying on a single layout for the entire application will make less and less sense. It’s easy to create a layout that works with a specific view, separating the document structure and supporting resources from the presentation logic without falling back to a generic application-wide layout. erb in the app/views/layouts folder.
The stylesheet_link_tag method assembles all of these pieces to create the final link element. 28 | Chapter 3: Adding Web Style Figure 3-3. Deciding which layout to use, based on naming conventions Creating a Layout for a Controller As you develop your application, different components will likely have different looks, and relying on a single layout for the entire application will make less and less sense. It’s easy to create a layout that works with a specific view, separating the document structure and supporting resources from the presentation logic without falling back to a generic application-wide layout.
Chapter 4 will explain how Rails uses MVC in more detail. scss Depending on how your Rails installation worked, it’s possible that you’ll receive a message requesting that you run bundle install first. Run that, and then you should be able to generate controllers (and everything else) without a hitch. The create entries identify directories and files that the generator created itself. erb) we requested in line 5, a template for creating tests for that controller in line 7, and a helper in line 9, plus a helper for tests in line 11.