By Elisabeth von der Lohe
Take benefit of new insights into prevention, analysis and therapy of heart disorder in girls - to the good thing about your sufferers. Designed to optimize your day-by-day perform, this e-book supplies lucid, updated solutions to varied questions:
- What are the hazards and merits of hormone alternative therapy?
- What are the foremost threat components for heart sickness in women?
- What are the main acceptable diagnostic checks in women?
- that is the higher therapy alternative for the girl with myocardial infarction - lysis or basic angioplasty?
Read Online or Download Coronary Heart Disease in Women: Prevention - Diagnosis - Therapy PDF
Similar family & general practice books
From bandage to the bioreactor, this booklet appears at 5 diverse gadget applied sciences from inception to healthcare perform, drawing on scientific sociology, technological know-how and expertise reports and political technology. It examines "evidence," legislation and governance techniques, and various stakeholders in innovating the applied sciences that form health and wellbeing care.
Reap the benefits of new insights into prevention, analysis and therapy of heart disorder in ladies - to the good thing about your sufferers. Designed to optimize your day-by-day perform, this booklet supplies lucid, updated solutions to various questions:- What are the dangers and advantages of hormone alternative treatment?
This enticing and hugely useful name is designed to aid healthcare execs in delivering the absolute best deal with their sufferers with migraine. constructed via top gurus within the box who convey wit and heat to their writing, the e-book combines the precious knowledge in their medical services with innovative medical synthesis and important scientific pearls.
"Highly acclaimed in its first 3 versions, McWhinney's Textbook of relatives drugs is likely one of the seminal texts within the box. whereas many relations medication texts easily conceal the problems a practitioner may perhaps see in scientific perform, McWhinney's defines the rules and practices of family members medication as a separate and distinctive box of perform.
- Family Medicine 2006: Family Medicine (Current Clinical Strategies)
- Dying and Death in Oncology
- Bio-ceramics with clinical applications
- The Mediterranean Diet: A Clinician’s Guide for Patient Care
- Design and Testing of Digital Microfluidic Biochips
Extra resources for Coronary Heart Disease in Women: Prevention - Diagnosis - Therapy
1991) A prospective study of maturity-onset diabetes mellitus and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke in women. Arch Intern Med 151:1141–1147 Manson JE, Hu FB, Rich-Edwards JW et al. (1999) A prospective study of walking as compared with vigorous exercise in the prevention of coronary heart disease in women. N Engl J Med 341:650 Miller VT (1994) Lipids, lipoproteins women and cardiovascular disease. Artherosclerosis 108:S73 Mosca L, Grundy SM, Judelson D et al. (1999) Guide to preventative cardiology for women.
36 Effects of Estrogen . . . . . . . . . . 38 References . . . . . . . . . . . . 44 E. von der Lohe, Coronary Heart Disease in Women © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003 36 Chapter 3 · Pathophysiology of Coronary Heart Disease and the Effects of Estrogen Basics Atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries is the underlying pathophysiological mechanism of coronary heart disease (CHD) and is the same for both genders. There are numerous different theories with regard to the genesis of atherosclerosis.
4. Potentially, an anti-arrhythmic effect. It remains to be seen, however, whether the suppression of ischemia-induced cardiac arrhythmias shown in animal experiments has any clinical correlation. Effect of Estrogen on Lipid Metabolism The lipid profile in healthy premenopausal women is cardioprotective: high high-density lipoproteins (HDL); low LDL; and low total cholesterol. With a decrease of endogenous estrogen production (either secondary to natural menopause, chemotherapy, or ovariectomy) a change from a more atherogenic pattern is observed with elevated cholesterol- and LDL levels and relatively low HDL (see also chap.